The media release should involve the following information:
- An outline of what diabetes is: 'Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases characterized by high blood sugar (glucose) levels, which result from defects in insulin secretion, or action, or both.' (http://www.medicinenet.com/diabetes_mellitus/article.htm)
- An outline of what causes diabetes: 'Insufficient production of insulin (either absolutely or relative to the body's needs), production of defective insulin (which is uncommon), or the inability of cells to use insulin properly and efficiently leads to hyperglycemia and diabetes.' (http://www.medicinenet.com/diabetes_mellitus/page2.htm)
- An outline of some of the symptoms: 'The early symptoms of untreated diabetes are related to elevated blood sugar levels, and loss of glucose in the urine. Some untreated diabetes patients also complain of fatigue, nausea and vomiting. Patients with diabetes are prone to developing infections of the bladder, skin, and vaginal areas.' (http://www.medicinenet.com/diabetes_mellitus/page4.htm)
- An outline of treatment options: 'Type 2 diabetes is first treated with weight reduction, a diabetic diet, and exercise. When these measures fail to control the elevated blood sugars, oral medications are used. If oral medications are still insufficient, insulin medications are considered. ' (http://www.medicinenet.com/diabetes_mellitus/page8.htm)
- A quote from Dr Pancreas with some information about the CSUPharma drug.
- Might want to mention possible side effects: 'Hypoglycemia and weight gain are the two most frequent side effects of these drugs.' (http://www.thedoctorwillseeyounow.com/articles/diabetes/drugs_2/)
- An outline of the price of the drug before the scheme, and the price of the drug if it was put onto the scheme.
- A photo of what the CSUPharma drug would look like.